Mobile and electronic payments are quickly gaining ground among both developed and emerging markets. Among developed countries, a well-established banking structure, high computer literacy and internet penetration combine to support e-payments growth. In emerging countries, the proliferation of mobile devices means m-payments are being adopted as an alternative to traditional banking services.
Non-cash payment volumes are expected to continue on a high growth trajectory in 2014, according to the World Payments Report 2015 from Capgemini and the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS). Adoption of mobile and contactless technology continues to play a significant role in propelling this growth globally. Infact, in China which posted record non-cash payment growth of 37.7 percent in 2013, mobile payments grew significantly in volume – by 170 percent – to reach 4.5 billion transactions, making it a core element of China’s payments ecosystem. UK is also experiencing 3 digits growth in contact less payment usage with over 52 Million transactions just in March 2015.This continued growth in volumes of mobile and contactless usage is another driver for change industry stakeholders shall take into their transformation roadmaps.
Capgemini can help your bank plan and execute the right strategy to take advantage of e- and m-payment trends. By combining consulting and technology experience with our domain expertise in payments and telecommunications, Capgemini can bring together the skills you need to chart a path forward. Our solutions include:
- Consulting for mobile and telecommunications. Explore how Capgemini performed a business feasibility assessment and study of a regional mobile banking solution for a leading European bank and mobile operator
- Mobile strategy definition
- Business case design
- Platform selection
- Implementation and roll-out. Learn how we rolled out a mobile payments reporting application in less than nine weeks
Expertise where it counts
Capgemini has supported multiple initiatives including:
- Mobile payments potential for a consortium of three banks and MNO
- Operating model design for a mobile money operator
- Strategy and design of a national wallet for the national banking consortium
- Secure cloud for an industry utility